Saturday 1 November 2014

Through the keyhole: She herself is a haunted house... - journal page and All About Art Basics Video

“She herself is a haunted house. She does not possess herself; her ancestors sometimes come and peer out of the windows of her eyes and that is very frightening.”
― Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories


I love challenges and I love round robins and travelling journals - they push me in the directions which were waiting for too long for me to go... This page was made in my friend's journal - topic was "Through the keyhole"... don't ask me why but this quote appeared in my head right away - and it was all I needed to start this spread.



I'm happy with the final result - it throws me back to 2012 when I was using similar techniques and house figure to illustrate the poem of Emily Dickinson, somehow this "haunted house" idea seems to be very dear to me...


Here is the list of the products I used for this project:



If you are interested in my Art Basics Line and would like to learn more about Pastes and Gels - here is a video for you - featuring Light Paste, Modeling Paste, 3D Gels and Soft Gels. I'm sure it will answer for many of your questions! There's more of similar videos coming, so have your eyes open!


Thank you for dropping in!
Sending warm hugs from windy and rainy Ireland

9 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous journal page!!

Linda M. Cain said...

I absolutely LOVE it...especially the colors! THEY ROCK!

~Linda

corinne de france MARCH said...

j'aime la maison,j'aime les couleurs,
j'aime tout !

Julie Lee said...

I love your interpretation on this journal page. Angela Carter is one of my favourite writers. I love 'The Bloody Chamber'. xx

Vickie ~ Mademoiselle*Rose said...

That was an incredibly helpful video, just to know what resists, what dries clear, what doesn't. I had not bought some of these because I didn't know which one to get because I wasn't sure of these things, but now I feel confident of choosing the right product for which job. Thank you!

By the way, the videos your ladies are putting together are amazing for someone not confident and just starting out in this area of crafting, they make all the difference. I've been using these videos to learn putting together layouts and techniques and using your products and I'm really enjoying it.

Gigi said...

I love it. You always do such a great job.

Unknown said...

It's just a gorgies!

Unknown said...

Simply fantastic, just adore your blog and your talented DT give me so much inspiration thank you x

Unknown said...

Ooh love the earthy tones in your journal page :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...