Friday 16 January 2015

Awakened

Hello, Friends!
I'm so delighted to have Monika on my Creative Team! The way she uses vintage photos, her unique feel of color make my heart sing ever time.
Today she also got really inventive with my mediums. :)
Enjoy!


Hello!
When I used to live in Huntingdon, I would spend almost every Sunday at a local flea market.
I would find something special every time. One day I got really excited and inspired when I came across some vintage cardboard passe-partouts.
They probably belonged to a beautiful old photo album. I decided to make them even more special and I also chose a real vintage photo from my collection. The photo is quite large - 10x16 cm.

And then the fun began...


This time I started my project from the back where I glued two pieces of lace using some foam tape.
Then, I added some paper tapes from Tim Holtz, my favorite die cut Prima doilies and some more lace.


I glued everything using Soft Matte Gel and when it dried, I covered the whole project with a layer of White Gesso to get it ready for all the paints and sprays.
Then it was time for Modeling Paste to create a little bit of texture. I applied it using a palette knife just on the edges of my passe partout. I was careful not to make it too thick, just a 2-3 mm. layer is just enough.
I dried it very briefly with my heating tool and before it was completely dry, I pressed a clear stamp into it. This time the effect turned out to be rather delicate but it was just perfect for this project.


Then, it was time for Glimmer Mists - delicious combination of Lemongrass, Latte, Coffee Shop, Pink Taffy, Viva Pink and Apple.
I'm always very spontaneous with the mists never trying to be super precise. This time I made one exception - I made sure to use darker colors where I pressed my stamp in the paste to make the pattern show better.

Here and there I added some more stamping with black Archival Ink for a little bit of contrast.


When everything dried, I reached for all the metal embellishments that I love so much. And I simply let my imagination run free... :)
I didn't limit myself to the frame only. The beautiful lady from the photograph got her special metal key hanging on a piece of thread.


I applied a thick layer of Clear Crackle Texture Paste on the edges of my project. I left it to dry for a couple of hours. You can use your heating tool of course, but personally, every time I use crackle pastes, I prefer to wait patiently, knowing that the effect will be even more stunning!


Finally, I took black Ecoline to delicately paint the edges. I also left a couple of drops in the crackles and added a little bit of water to create interesting looking stains.


I hope you like my new version of an old passe partout. :)
Sending you hugs!
Monika

Materials used:


9 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

SO COOL!!!
I like how you show all the products, too!!!!!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Loooove it!!!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely, and I love HOW you approached this!

Linda M. Cain said...

Simply Stunning!!!

b_artist said...

thanks for this tutorial, really great information. Love the look of this.

Ula H. said...

Super !!! Gratulacje :))

Unknown said...

Really beautiful.

mamablitger said...

Gorgeous frame. Lovely details, great tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing this pretty frame.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

famillemarleau said...

It looks amazing. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...