Friday 9 January 2015

Back To Basics

Hello, Friends!
How about some traditional scrapbooking? :) Today it's time for Riikka and her beautiful and inspiring layout with a story.


As I consider myself a scrapbooker, firstly I thought to do something surprising and do an actual scrapbooking layout this month! :)
Yes, I'm trying to be funny but I actually noticed that all my previous projects have been something else than a layout so I must do one!

The topic of the page ("Library Load") dates way back although I used a relatively recent photo of myself in there.
When I was a kid, I absolutely devoured books. At best I read a novel from start to finish in one go, during an afternoon, after school. Every single time I visited library, I was guided to lend just a few books. And every single time I was almost crushed underneath my backpack filled with books and a few volumes under my arm as well.


It seemed I never learned that lesson. So even though it has been a while since I was a school girl and went to the library after school, I wanted to document that habit to tell something about myself to my two daughters. I wonder if one or both of them will take after their mom and carry loads of books home.


I chose a lace patterned paper from Sunrise Sunset collection as the background because of the homey feel and the light colors. The paper has the charm of the days gone by and it also gives a nice light background for the layers to be added.


The lacey background also inspired me to add two types of laces on the top layers as well. The other one is paper lace cut from a patterned paper and layered behind the photo.
The placement of the second one is the same but the material is very different. It's a handmade little doily found at my grandfather's house.

I kept the color scheme to blues and greens - one of my favorite color palettes - to match the green hues in the scrapbooking paper. 
 
I used two different stencils on the background and also added some stamping in there.



If you want to see how the layout came into being, please watch the video I made!




Thank you for stopping by today!
I hope I have inspired you to do a page about yourself as well!

Materials used:

 

10 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I love the layout and the story even more. Hugs!!!

~Linda

Cat Kerr said...

Awesome!

Jonna said...

I love this! And thanks for the inspirational tutorial. I love seeing how to create different backgrounds.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous layout! Thanks for sharing the story behind it!

famillemarleau said...

Very beautiful page. Thanks for sharing,

Unknown said...

Such a cool layout xx

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful page and story. My sister and I both carted loads of book home on our weekly trips to the library as kids - now our Kindles are loaded!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful page and you used my favorite color combination.

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful page Riikka! Great composition and texture!!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful page thanks for video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...