Tuesday 26 July 2016

Guest Designer - Louise Nelson's Art

Hello my dears!
A Guest Designer is always a very special moment on the blog. It's such an honor to be having Artists from around the globe being part of Finn Team with their talents & creativity.
My Aussie friend - brilliant Louise Nelson - created a project that has never before appeared on the blog. You will fall in love with her bowl series - so artsy and inventive!
Make sure you visit Louise's beautiful blog called 'An Uninterrupted View' and get acquainted on facebook and instagram. This lovely lady is an inspiration that you will surely want to follow!
Hello Hello
I am so honoured to be guesting for Finnabair. I love her wonderful products and so love creating with them. I am overjoyed to share with you some of my creative fun using some of my favourite Finnabair products.

I have created 3 very fun and funky decorative bowls, that whilst not functional are fun and fab to look at.

I began by creating the bowls using an air hardening modeling clay and some recycled chicken wire. These need to be allowed to dry approximately 24-48 hours. I kneaded and rolled out the clay, based on the manufacturers directions to desired shape and size. I used a rolling pin and rolled the clay out on a pastry sheet. To mould the clay over the chicken wire I first covered the outside of a bowl with plastic lunch wrap, then overlayed the chicken wire, then overlayed the rolled out clay sheets. I left them like this during drying time. Before decorating the bowls I sealed the clay portion of the bowls with a coat of Finnabair Heavy White Gesso.
I then painted the clay part of the bowls with Finnabair’s wonderful Art Alchemy acrylic paints, as you can see with the above ‘before’ photo of my ‘Bird Bowl’.
With each of the bowls I have incorporated a metal embellishment. With my silver ‘Foliage Bowl’ I have wired the metal branches to the chicken wire [as you can see with the ‘before’ photo above] and then painted it silver along with the clay portion of the bowl.
For my last bowl, my ‘Leaf Bowl’, I changed it up a little from the previous two and attached the metal leaves to the bottom of the inside of the bowl, like they were an actual trinket or piece of jewellery, just like you would store your rings in a small bowl beside your bed on your bedside table.

Well that it is it from me, I do hope that I have managed to interest you in my creative fun with making decorative bowls.

Cheers and Happy Creating!
Louise xxxxx

Materials used:


27 comments:

MONICA said...

Louise
You're bowls are amazing. I love every one of them. What a fantastic projects.
You are always so inspiring.
x0x0x
Monica

Chrissy said...

What fantastic and artful bowls! I love the concept and execution. The perfect touches of metal and the paint finishes are just simply beautiful to behold. Congratulations on the guest post!

Alison Bevis Papercrafter said...

Louise you are just so creative! :) x
I love how you think outside the 'bowl' ;) lol

Georgia Metaxas said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you are such an inspiration Louise :-)

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning pieces!!

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Once again you blow my mind!!! Louise these are simply stunning. You are such an artistic genius xx Thank you for sharing your amazing creations with us.

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Brilliant art work! I love it!

Heather said...

beautiful feature from am amazing artist.

Kathy Bradley said...

Louise,
How very unique and gorgeous - thank for sharing!

Michele said...

How lovely! I'm in awe of your creativity and love the texture you add to every single piece of your work xx

Tsaima Eirini said...

Amazingly inspirational and so creative!!! Love the simplicity of the work though much mixed media techniques were used!!! Bravo...

Unknown said...

Simply stunning Louise xx

Linda M. Cain said...

Brilliant!!!

Louise said...

Much much Mwah Cindy xx

Louise said...

Thank you so very much Linda 😄 Xx

Louise said...

Thank you so very much Tsaima xx

Louise said...

Oooooh thank you so very much Michele xx

Louise said...

Thank you so much Kathy xx

Louise said...

Much much Mwah Heather xx

Louise said...

Thank you so much ☺️😘

Louise said...

Oooooh mwah!!!!!! Xox

Louise said...

Thank you so very much Ema xx

Louise said...

Much much mwah Georgia xx

Louise said...

Lol thank you Alison 😄😘

Louise said...

����������

Louise said...

Thank you so very much Monica 😊😘

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...