Monday 19 December 2016

Into The Great Unknown

Hello Lovely Readers!
Tis the perfect season for some Snowflake Paste action, wouldn't you agree? ;)
Marta created a totally enchanting layout for today - filled with so many delightful subtleties. When you watch Marta's video tutorial, you will see how simple it is to make - will you feel tempted to try? ;)
Hello friends!
It's getting colder & colder here in Poland, the mornings are foggy and frosty. The colors of December mornings inspired me to create this winter layout with a vintage picture. It's just a random photo bought at a flea market, but it's so mysterious and calm, it simply called me to be used.
By the way, I love to use old pictures, as you might have noticed. :) They have an incredible mood, even the photos showing apparently "nothing" are one of a kind and unique.
I created this layout on a plain white sheet of cardboard. I covered it with a layer of White Gesso. After I dried it with a heating tool, I used some White Crackle Texture Paste and a layer of Light Paste to create clear and sharp strokes of paste that are supposed to imitate the frost.
I wanted to create a light, pastel and delicate project, that's why the colors are almost transparent.
I used a Doily stencil with Snowflake Paste, it created an amazing delicate pattern that sparkles and shines.

I built some layers using Resist Canvas with the Damask pattern, old book's pages and notebook's pages.
I used lovely Mechanicals metal Tags and some metal Flowers to create a frosty cool look.

I used only a tint of color with Lindy's Azure Sea spray and Art Alchemy Light Patina paint 'cause I wanted to delicately accent the layers of my composition, the shine of used elements and the textures created.
I love Melange Art Pebbles that come in various sizes, 2 or 3 are enough to complete the whole composition.
I love adding small details in my artworks, they may seem modest but for me, they make a big difference: some tangled thread to create a delightful mess among the order, crocheted doilies that make me think of snowflakes and add a vintage feel that I love so much, simple twine to break the overall elegance... Let's not forget a ghost of stamped patterns, just a touch here and there.
 Here's a video I made for you, I hope it inspires you to create some art in a minimalist palette. :)



I hope that you like my wintery cold & frosty layout. Even cold winter can be beautiful if you add some layers and a touch of Snowflake Paste. :)
xx
Marta

Products used:




6 comments:

Lisa H said...

this is so beautiful and delicate!

Helen said...

Adorable layout!! love the colours, they do reflect the season so well.

selena said...

magnifique page pleine de douceur!

suzyb said...

Really lovely layout. Although I am not really a scrapbooker, your layouts would look great on cards.
I really like what you have done with the paste and the wee embellishments on the side. You can write on the wee tag, names and dates. Great layout. Thanks for sharing Marta!

Ellie Knol said...

It's beautiful... so delicate all the white, and also all the texture!

Karolina Bukowska said...

the severity mixed with delicacy! beautiful LO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...