Monday 12 March 2018

Free Soul Book Art

Hi there folks!
Get ready for a very special inspiring art treat - Olya's new project will take your breath away...
She made her journal cover look so stunning and absolutely unique and when you watch her video tutorial, you will immediately see how easy it actually was!
Follow Olya's lead and don't be afraid to try something new - you might end up with an artwork you really love. :)

*   *   *   *   *
Hello there lovely creative friends!
For today's inspiration, I'd like to share something completely new for me!

I really like diversity and always want to try something different - a new medium, technique or idea. Experimenting and learning new things is what creativity is all about, right? And the more unusual, the better! :)

The idea of creating such an art book was accompanying me for a long time. I was finally able to create this piece and it turned out it's actually very simple! It made my soul sing and I hope you'll feel inspired too!
I am often inspired by fabrics and here I really wanted to play with different kinds of materials and surfaces put together.
This meant many layers of lace, crumpled paper (I used ordinary kraft wrapping paper), pieces of cardboard, canvas, gauze and lots of lovely metal embellishments.
My base was the cover of Finnabair's Mixed Media Journal.

To make my layers and the whole composition look harmonious, I used brown and white hues of all the materials.
I chose several cards from Ephemera Melange set - they are so perfect to create a vintage vibe.

I also reached for Paper Texture Paste to add accents on the folds and creases of the kraft paper and I must say I'm in love with this velvety new product!
You will see I used a few unusual items as my embellishments, such as a stick, a key and a paintbrush.

I took the coolest pastes to give them a beautifully aged look. I used Rust Effect Paste and Rust Effect Paste - Camouflage. I like to mix different shades from the sets. This creates more opportunities and all of them perfectly match each other!

I used the new Dabbing Brushes that are just brilliant to work with different kinds of pastes.
Then came the most pleasant part - adding pretty details and decorations!
I used several beautiful sets of Mechanicals metal embellishments. I love their design and style and I think they are everything you need to create unique stylish artworks.
In the center of my journal cover I place the beautiful Mechanicals Pendant and filled it with a wing made out of Relics & Artifacts Ancient Soul Cast and Montpellier Apothecary Vial.
A little more metal details, an inscription and my journal was ready!

I invite you to watch the video to see the whole process of creating my project. Enjoy!






This project was quite a challenge for me as it's so different from everything I usually create. It turned out to be very inspiring and energizing!
I hope you felt inspired too. :)

So today I want to tell you not to be afraid to try something different and open up new opportunities for yourself.
Never be afraid to try something new! When it comes to creativity there are no mistakes!

Just keep your heart and mind and simply have fun!
With love, Olya





Products used:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...